Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Remember You

I'll be completely honest, I hurt right now. Like really hurt. This week has been rough. It seems that seemingly bad things only happen when my husband is gone. And yet, I am blessed. It's so easy to look at the things that are hard and difficult, and forgot how much I have. Yes, my husband is gone, but only for 4 months. Some military families have to go a year without seeing their husband/daddy. And we get to talk to him. All the time. I'll be honest, though, this week has been very difficult to pray or read my Bible. I guess it just shows how I naturally turn away from God when times get difficult instead of running to His arms. A dear friend shared a passage with me the other day, and I knew that I would need it while my husband is away. I turned to it tonight, and was so encouraged that difficulties are nothing new to believers. Honestly, I struggle to even call what we are going through a difficulty. I'm one of those people that looks at things as good pretty much all the time. Things can always get worse. I mean, I'm not fighting for my life. I haven't lost children or a husband to death. I have been blessed with a wonderful church family and biological family. I have two really calm kids (for the most part ... weird to get two, I know). But yet, with all those blessings, my heart still hurts. I know in my head that I am blessed. I certainly feel blessed, but my heart still hurts. But I will spare you my ramblings .. But one of the sons of Korah puts it in much better words than I.

Why are you cast down, O my soul,
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise him,
my salvation and my God.

My soul is cast down within me;
therefore I remember you ... Psalm 42:5-8

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love you, girl. Keep that chin up. Find DELIGHT in HIM! Only He provides it. Only Him.