Sunday, January 11, 2015

Project 365



Selah. Stop. Listen. Reflect on what the Lord has done.

Sometimes it’s hard to stop. And listen. And reflect. It’s no secret that I like to take pictures. And it’s no secret that we have a lot going on in our house right now. 5 kids in 6 years, and a 6th on the way. It’s hard to stop and listen sometimes. Sometimes I get so caught up in making pictures look pretty that I forget to capture our everyday life, cause, let's face it, our everyday life isn't always pretty. I usually don’t make New Year’s resolutions, but this year, I decided to start a project. A Project 365. I decided to take a picture every day for one full year to capture our normal, everyday life. I quickly realized that one picture a day isn’t enough. I also realized that taking pictures of our everyday life makes me stop and enjoy moments that I normally don’t. 

Stop. Listen. Reflect on what the Lord has done. 

The Lord has blessed our family in so many ways. And taking pictures gives me a chance to stop and reflect on that. So for the next 361 days, I will be taking pictures (I started a little late on the resolution thing), and I will be posting. I may not post every day, but I will be taking pictures. And stopping. And enjoying the little moments that God has given us. 






   



No comments: